Thursday, December 18, 2014

12/17/14 (Retrial) Day 17- Jodi has no soul

12/17/14

I have no Soul!

I thought I would quote something from Jodi's diary today. I thought it was a powerful statement.
"It's not Travis at all. He was merely the distraction. The void in my soul has been there for years, maybe millennial, perhaps since I was born"



Court starts off with Geffner still on the stand and the defense is up.



They want to talk about Vampire Bobby again. (Remember this all comes from Geffner and what Jodi or Carl told him)
Bobby was abusive to Jodi. Bobby's a big guy and liked martial arts. He put Jodi in a choke hold and twisted her arm.
Martial arts and swords. Ha


Carl confronted Bobby to scare him and tell him to stop, but Bobby came out of the house with a sword and tried to attack him so Carl left. (LOL)
People warned Jodi not to go back but she did. Willmont brings out the PowerPoint again.

Eventually Jodi and Vampire break up and now Jodi is with Matt. Matt cheated on Jodi. Jodi confronted Bianca. Geffner looks at an interview with Matt in 2009.
The happy couple.
Juan objects due to foundation.
Sometime you just got to smile at the craziness.

Sidebar

Interview with Matt- Matt says that Jodi drove to Ashland to confront Bianca, but Bianca was not there. She was in Carter Lake- so Jodi drove there. Bianca was very level headed, but Jodi was crying and she was very emotional. Matt thought Jodi was bipolar. Matt and Jodi dated for 2 years. He thought Jodi was very kind and loving. Matt said Jodi needs exact communication so she could understand.


Sidebar. Juan wants some foundation on the stuff they are bringing up

Another sidebar. Another friend thinks Jodi is bipolar and Juan objects.

Carl thinks Jodi has rapid mood changes. When Matt described Jodi he said she wasn't manipulative, didn't get angry, wasn't aggressive. Jodi feels like she loses control when a break up happens. Jodi moves to Big Sur after the breakup and works at Ventana. She starts dating Darryl (of course they say after he was no longer the boss..RIGHT) Darryl is 20 years older. They were a family. Darryl says Jodi was a kind person. In Sept 06, he started to think the relationship wasn't that good for his son (I wonder why?) Jodi met Travis in Oct 06 and broke up with Darryl.
Darryl dodged a knife and a bullet.
I wonder if the fake boobs are helping her out in prison?

Recess

Geffner says he used all these interviews plus the testing with Jodi to come to his conclusions.
Going back to Darryl- Darryl slowing introduced his son to Jodi. Darryl didn't want to get remarried and he thought Jodi was bipolar. Jodi changed her hair and got a breast job to please him, but he never asked her to.

5 minute break

Darryl's sister said that Jodi had so much energy. She would change everything to adapt to a man.

A coworker at Ventana thought of Jodi like a little sister. After breakup with Darryl, Jodi became withdrawn, more depressed, less responsible. Coworker thought Jodi was brainwashed by Travis.
Another coworker at Ventana said Jodi never hit on him and he is a good looking guy. 
Coworkers loved Jodi. They all thought she was super awesome.
Geffner created a timeline of Jodi and Travis

Lunch break

Sidebar
Now Geffner is going over the timeline he made of Jodi and Travis. (I'm not going to repeat all the in and outs of their hookups)
They meet, they talk, they have lots of sex.

Here is my timeline. It has diary, text, and emails on there.
http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-timeline-its-work-in-progress.html

Travis is important in the Mormon church and he wants anal sex, so Jodi goes along with it. She stopped when it hurt.

Geffner is saying that Travis was in complete control of Jodi and their relationship. Now he's bringing up that stupid f'ing email from the Hughes.

Geffner starts nitpicking parts of email and texts- and he's using those details to show how controlling Travis was and how whipped Jodi was. Then they look at the email from Jodi to Abe. HA. It also shows how the email was forwarded to Travis too.

Geffner says there were 5 physical DV events.
Yep, just making sure my fan club is here.

15 minute break. The judge wants to see lawyers and Geffner in the hall.

Approach

Now they have moved on to the oral sex. Geffner is bringing up the fact that Travis is doing stuff to Jodi while she was asleep. It wasn't mutual.
Coworkers noticed that Jodi was sad.
These eyes are dead.

Jodi's diary shows up
Geffner says that Jodi hoped Travis would propose.
June 5th 2007 journal entry- "I felt so close to him today. It was a spiritual closeness we don't often experience"
"He's so wonderful in every way he takes my breath away no joke"

June 20th 2007- "how do I go on knowing Travis is cheating"
I need to focus on the end result. Hard knowing what I know but I just need to think about the love in my heart"

Jodi breaks up with Travis and meets up with Darryl to have dinner. He offers her a shoulder to cry on and wants her to succeed.

July 20, 2007 Jodi sends Travis her flight itinerary.
"I'm so excited to see Travis. If we aren't physical that OK I just want to wrap my arms around him and my love for him has grown so much over the months"
Jodi is talking about how she doesn't trust Travis and she has called and he didn't call back. Why does she have to compete with other girls and why does he continue to talk to other girls? "Should I hold on or should i let go?


Aug 3, 2007 Geffner- Jodi's brain was arguing with her heart
Aug 5th 2007 "Life is so interesting. I'm having a mellow yet positive day. What I liked best about our day was we didn't argue, or fight, we just had a great time. At the end of the night we treaded lightly into forbidden territory.
I'm so bored. I need a nap

Geffner says that Travis pushes then pulls Jodi back is abuse.
8/15/07- List of Affirmations in Jodi's journal 1) I am not in love with Travis 2) Travis is a great friend 3) Travis is not a great boyfriend
Jodi talks about having sex in the mall parking lot then having to drop Travis off around the corner from his house.
"It's not Travis at all. He was merely the distraction. The void in my soul has been there for years, maybe millennial, perhaps since I was born"
"I just wish I could die. I wish suicide was a way out"
I'm trying to give the jury my saddest look.
This is hard

Oh crap...now we are at the Havasuapi trip UGH
"Travis apologized to me for this morning and said it was 90% his fault. It meant so much to me."
"I want to be the shining light I once was. I walk around like it's all OK. but I'm a shadow of what I use to be"

Oct 6th- "Over course of last 9 months I have felt the need to pray for Deanna Reed. She's a nice girl. It's a different dynamic now, and not one that I like by any means.
10/23- "I think this will be a long entry..."
10/29- Travis insisted that I tear out a page I wrote a few days ago listing some of the hateful words he'd spoken.
Jodi keeps mentioning in her diary that she is depressed.
Jodi says that she tried to leave but Travis wouldn't let her.
Nobody walks out on me

Court is finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment