Friday, December 19, 2014

12/18/14 (Retrial) Day 18- Jodi's Harlequin Book

12/18/14




Today was the Harlequin Book of Jodi's texts/diary with a little junior high drama thrown in for good measure.  The only thing her writings show is that she was completely obsessed with Travis. I'm talking "boiling bunny in the pot" obsessed. Even when she was saying she moved on...her diary was still full of Travis, Travis, Travis. It actually proves to me the slow build up of rage and planning of the  murder.






Geffner is back on the stand and Willmott is still questioning him. (Geffner has a bad habit of giggling and Willmott has a terrible habit of uh, oh, uh... so this takes awhile)
I am enjoying this so much. I never thought a bunch of journal and text
messages could turn me on. Jodi's such a sweet girl.

Willmott wants to know if Geffner's name has came up recently in an appeal. Geffner says Yes, it was from a case decades ago.
Willmott- Did anyone say anything negative about your expertise? Geffner- No
Willmott- were you asked to write an affidavit? Geffner- Yes but I was only given a week to write it
Willmott- So the court said they couldn't use your affidavit correct? Geffner- Yes I told them I had limitations and could only use some records

Then they go into detailed testimony about other cases. Geffner's clinic was sued because of an abused child. Willmott is on damage control. There was a sexual harassment case, but it didn't involve Geffner. (his clinic sounds nice)

On to the diary. (I'm not going to post all of them. Here is a timeline I made which has all the text etc...on it)
http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-timeline-its-work-in-progress.html

11/07- Jodi in journal says Travis brought her a treat and she gave him a treat.
Geffner is explaining how this is *basically* Travis abusing Jodi. Jodi was living by the Laws of Attraction.

Travis was in full control. He abused his power in the relationship (horseshit)
Jodi- Travis says if he popped the question I'd say yes in a heartbeat. He is very wrong. He would need to really court me, our marriage will need to be strong in the Gospel

11/6/07- "I just don't see why this affects me so greatly.....(Geffner explains this shows depression)

11/19/07- "I've cried all day and Travis is worried about his grandmother. I feel overwhelmingly sad but I can't express this to him. I shouldn't be more sad than him. I have no one to talk too.
I can't talk to my mom, sister, friends, Travis, or Bishop. Travis is tired of being my shoulder to lean on. I wish I could turn back the clock. I am a powerful creator, I must wield my power carefully, and always be vigilant and careful with what I am creating. 
(see, even when Travis was going through something with his grandma, Jodi was still boo-hooing about herself)
She's a creator alright.

The next day Jodi writes that she is happy. Geffner says this proves she is dissociation and how people that are traumatized act.
HA. I am so traumatized. I wish I had a Starbucks frap. I was so smart
to come up with the idea to bore the jury to death.

12/4/07- Jodi is still hanging out with Travis. They hung out at the mall and Jodi dropped TA off at his grandmothers. When the grandmother fell asleep Jodi went over to her house and cuddled with Travis.
Travis and his grandmother

During this time period Travis is telling people bad things about Jodi
Juan objects to relevance and they approach
God, I need a vacation

12/4/07- "I don't know where it comes from, I must be sick. I just want to die. I'm so overwhelmed. I'm striving for bigger things but I must fix my thinking.

Geffner explains that Jodi was making a present for Travis' grandmother, but Travis wouldn't even introduce Jodi to grandma. Jodi is writing in her diary how low she feels and that Matt told her to get medicated. (LOL)

10 minute recess

Geffner says Jodi had severe depression and wanted to end her life.
"I can not see any light at the end of the tunnel"

Dec 8th, next day-Jodi says she needs to focus on being more Christ like. Travis is such a drag. His tires were slashed twice last week. Jodi says she's going to help Travis financially any way she can.

Dec 9th- Travis was on a stake out trying to catch who slashed his tires. Jodi offered to loan him her stun gun.
Jodi keeps saying she's not suppose to write negative things in her journal. She mentions Travis made deposits in their joint account. "Back down low again and I began to cry. I gave my notice to Amy. I've got to get myself right. Depression is a serious thing. Some days I wish it was just simple to kill myself"

Juan wants an approach when Geffner starts bringing up the text messages.
I really don't care about Jodi's stupid text messages. 

1/9/08- Jodi went to Travis' and picked up the car. She says he asked her to marry him. She says he's crazy but it's tempting when he puts his hands on her. Much effort is required by me to fall out of love but I've done it before. There are countless reasons why he isn't married. Travis is to prideful and I just keep praising him.

Jodi is saying she deposited around $700 dollars in Travis's account and another friend wanted $75.

Juan objects to Willmott saying this was loan. Juan says they don't know if it was a loan or if Jodi was paying Travis back for loaning her money.

They show the checks. Geffner says that Jodi wrote down that it was her loaning Travis money.

1/21/08 Now we are at where Jodi says she catches Travis masturbating to a picture young boy in his underwear. Jodi has sympathy for Travis because she thinks he was abused sexually as a young boy

1/22/08 Jodi says Travis asks for money and says he has an attraction to young girls so he sleeps with grown women to stop his urges. Then he body slams her and breaks her finger.

Juan wants an approach after Willmott asks Geffner if Jodi would write in her diary about abuse instead of that "Nothing Noteworthy happened today" diary post.
Jodi eludes to the negative things. She says "there are things just not right with that boy."
Juan wants to approach
I have to pee

Geffner- Jodi doesn't always write the direct things in her journal.
"There are things about him that will never sit right with me."

1/29/08- Travis needed money again for his mortgage. I gave him $200 
2/1/08- Travis is squeezing me dry financially and I can't go spend time with my friends. He said he wanted to get a gun and shoot himself and I know how that feels. I just spoke sweetly to him.

Geffner says Travis is manipulating her. He's yelling and telling her to balance her checkbook and she wouldn't be overdrawing it. Travis is pulling her back in when she's breaking free and her depression is setting back in. Geffner says all this happened within a week. The getting hurt, loaning him money and so on. It's a vicious cycle

2/3/08 text message Travis is apologizing to Jodi for calling her a "Fucking loser"


Lunch

Geffner says it was important for him to read the text because it shows Power and Control. He says he did NOT do an assessment on Travis. 

Juan wants to ask a few questions

Juan-you never spoke to Travis about these text messages or even spoke to Travis Yes or No?
Geffner- No
Juan- You said he was manipulative with other women and his situation correct? What is that based on? Geffner- I used that word
Juan- The defendant did not know about text messages of the money that may have been sent out correct? Geffner- She did not know
Juan- But you are labeling what Travis's conduct was when you are calling him manipulative
Geffner- long pause....I guess that's how that's interpreted

Willmott back up
Geffner says he questioned Jodi about Travis.

2/25/08 Jodi is in Vegas and she said it was great to get away. says Travis wanted her to come over and it was hard to say no so she's driving over there but she stayed an extra day in Vegas. Jodi is talking about Travis being tender when they "went all the way" Travis wanted it and wanted to make it special. Mimi is probably the one for him and I'm happy for him. She doesn't need to know about our torrid love affair over the last 8 months. It's weird I'm not freaking out about this but it's good. I look forward to seeing how it works out for them.

Geffner says that was Jodi's closure.

2/29/08 Jodi writes Travis an email. There are times I'm overwhelmed about things to tell you. I haven't forgotten what I said over a year ago. No matter what happens we will have friendship. I sort of knew deep down you weren't the one. When I think of you I have radiating feelings of warmth. and I know it's unconditional love. you know love without conditions is an interesting thing. Our path is something to be cherished and remembered- I love you.
Travis- that choked me up a little and I know it hasn't always been roses but I am grateful for the time we have had and the amazing experiences we have had together as well.
Then Jodi called him. 

Geffner says this was a positive thing. Closure.

March 1st-Jodi says Travis was violent to her. He backhanded her in the car when she said she was moving back to CA. In the journal she's heading over to Travis's house so they can split a chocolate chip frap.

3/2/08 Jodi is asleep at Travis' house when he comes home from a date with Mimi Hall. This is when she has the three tender kisses with him. In the journal, she does not mention the slap.

Geffner says that is common.
Geffner is trying to make the jury believe that Jodi acted normal.

3/4/08- Jodi is going brunette
This is the picture that is supposed to show she went brunette

3/6/08 Jodi says it's been very hard to say goodbye.Travis called and asked if Jodi wanted to go with him to pick up his Prius.

Jodi says Sky gives Travis a hard time over her so he can't take her to the executive ball. She says one day she will earn her own ticket and go with her husband and see Travis with Mimi Hall and they will all be happy

3/30/08 Travis and I got in a fight and I drove over to his house. I banged on door and he yelled "what!" I opened it and ran right into his arms and said sorry. We cuddled

The next text is Travis telling Jodi she is like a soap opera. She's ruins his day.
April 1st, 08- Another physical incident happened on 4/1/08. She says Travis body slams her- gets on top of her and chokes her until she is unconscious

Break

Jodi wrote an email to Travis titled "Goodbye" I know now that I am making the right decision. I have enjoyed making love to the man I love but it wasn't under the right circumstances. We've both stretched it farther than it should have naturally gone, but intact it remains. This time away from each other will help us both. That is my prayer, and that is what i sincerely believe.

Geffner says this is good news. Jodi is moving on. (again)

Travis texts Jodi asking "Where are you?" Jodi asks "Where are you?"
Travis tells Jodi to enjoy herself and she says you too
Travis tells Jodi "Don't text me ever again until you have that information. You have the worst BS story......

4/8/08 -Travis telling Jodi you are always full of drama. Bitter feeling are brewing inside of me for you. You better start paying me back and you need to look for a job. Travis was mad about her having him sign a drawing and leaving it at his house. He later apologizes for being upset

Journal entry- I moved a week ago and landed a job right away. I have made new friends and I have a sharper focus now. A fog has lifted

Jodi loves brain fog


Text messages 4/19/08 Jodi tells Travis "you hurt my feelings" 
Travis- " Jodi I stayed on the phone a long time. When I mentioned I had to go you got offended." Travis is telling Jodi she insulted his speaking skills and maybe he should insult her painting skills. Jodi says her feeling get hurt when Travis tells her to get to the point and she listens to him all the time. Travis says he doesn't have time to listen to Jodi's stories. Travis says he gives her all kinds of time and he needed one thing from her. He said he has given her a car, money and whole hell a lot of others things. Travis says he's done things for 2 hours for Jodi and didn't want to hang on the phone all day and Jodi got mad. Jodi says thank you for doing all those things for me

In Jodi's journals in April and May Jodi is beginning to met other men and date. According to Jodi's journal Travis is coming to visit and they will go to Crater Lake. She calls Travis her kryptonite. She says Travis is hinting for sex and she doesn't know if this is a good thing for them.

Gchat- Travis says" plenty of the fights are by me but when we fight and it is induced by you it's subtle"

Geffner says this proves DV.
Jodi says "my wit and my sexuality can be a curse" Travis "we are the same on that though for me its good for others probably not good"

May 18, 08." Travis pushed back seeing me till June. I don't think he should come. I'm not attracted to him anymore and he will only want one thing. This kind of behavior got us no where. Telling him this is another thing because he gets his feeling hurt easily like me. I haven't told him about Ryan yet but there's not much to tell. He doesn't tell me about Mimi. Don't ask, don't tell is better anyway."

Geffner says this is positive. Jodi's brain is trying to pull her back from making a bad decision.

Recess

Gchat- Travis is going off about Jodi being evil. and hacking into his facebook. Travis says Jodi stabbed him in the back. I loved someone that never existed. I know you got into my computer and erased a letter to Lisa. I know you slashed my tires. I know it. You never can tell the truth.

Jodi then writes in her diary that Travis is being plain rude and she never slashed his tires.
Geffner says Travis was being very degrading. (that Keyword was used again)
Willmott- When Travis said "I'm nothing more than a dido with a heartbeat" was Jodi using Travis for sex?
Geffner- Jodi was a sex object and she really just wanted to cuddle. She likes the sex and goes along with it
I'm suppose to believe that, Jodi? Yep


Jodi says in journal she's excited about going to Utah and meeting Ryan. 
Journal- "Travis didn't seem to thrilled about my road trip. As far as I know he knows nothing of Ryan" 
Journal- "At least Travis has found the one. That's more than I can say. We still care for each other. I have been ignoring my feelings that creep up but I'm distracting myself. Travis wanted me to come see him instead of going to Utah but I'm sticking with my plans. I gently declined and I can tell that he is bothered.

MiMi Hall- the woman Jodi was super jealous of. MiMi was everything
Jodi would never be.


Geffner is explaining that it's all Travis' fault.

Court is finished for the day!







No comments:

Post a Comment